Summer is officially coming to a close. Though that news once brought me sadness, moving back to school for a new semester is nothing but good news. To celebrate the kick-off of my junior year and all the analytical essays I will no doubt have to suffer through, I figured I could shake up my blog a bit with something less serious. College can be so stressful, so to lighten the load a little, here are 31 college majors as Britney Spears songs– which one are you?
1. Crime and Deviance Studies – “Criminal”
You love preserving social control as much as Britney loves her hot, criminal boyfriend.
2. Chemistry – “Toxic”
Beware of chemicals in the lab and addictive relationships.
3. Psychology – “Inside Out”
No, not the 2015 Pixar film. Britney offers a psychological discourse comparative to Freud in “Inside Out”.
4. Biology – “Touch of My Hand”
Britney can teach bio majors a thing or two about anatomy in this… explorative ballad.
5. Astronomy – “Alien”
Thanks to this year’s solar eclipse, your major shines a little brighter this semester.
6. Computer Science – “E-Mail My Heart”
Just like you, Britney has always been technologically advanced.
7. Physics – “Up N’ Down”
After there was Sir Isaac Newton, there was Britney. Then you. What’s the velocity of my hips swaying to this bop?
8. Communications – “Break the Ice”
From small group com to public speaking, you definitely know how to break the ice.
9. International Relations – “Piece of Me”
IR students aspire to one day slip away to the Philippines and solve global crises.
10. Theater Arts – “Dramatic”
The theater kid gets the only ~unreleased~ Britney track for their major. You’re a drama queen and you’re proud.
11. Gender Studies – “I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman” and “Boys”
This one is a twofer because you firmly believe in gender equality.
12. Health and Human Performance – “Stronger”
You can often be spotted on campus working on your fitness.
13. Creative Writing – “Dear Diary”
You and Britney are storytellers, composing last-minute small writings moments before submission time.
14. Political Science – “Toy Soldier”
You’re a political queen, ready to wage war during in-class debates.
15. History – “…Baby One More Time”
You love history. Name something more historic than “…Baby One More Time”.
16. Education – “If U Seek Amy”
This sweet nursery rhyme shows how much Britney loves kids– something you have in common. Education majors are also freaky on the DL.
17. Spanish – “Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
You’re a bilingual queen who kills it at international school functions.
18. French – “Coupure Électrique”
You’re a TRIlingual legend just like Britney. Très chic.
Coupure Electrique from Thomas Aaron Blocker on Vimeo.
19. Mathematics – “3”
Congrats! You and Britney can both count!
20. Business Administration – “Work Bitch”
You’re all about work ethic. You plan to reach Britney-level entrepreneurship one day.
21. Religious Studies – “Heaven On Earth”
You’re a holy queen who can be found at coffee shop Bible studies.
22. Sociology – “Radar”
You’re the most woke in your social circle. Everyone is on your radar.
23. Pre-Law – “Liar”
If you’re an aspiring lawyer, Britney is singing about your future talents.
24. Music – “I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll”
Music is 100% your thing. Your friends may not understand late-night rehearsals, but they make you excited enough to lick up gasoline (?)
25. Statistics – “Lucky”
If you study stats, you live on luck. Lucky is your middle name.
26. Peace and Justice Studies – “Invitation”
Ever been fully at peace? Listen to the Glory album opener.
27. Marketing – “Phonography”
You’re all about media marketing and you love a good campus Snapchat story.
28. English & Literary Studies – “Cinderella”
Both you and Brit are classic lit fans. The Odyssey, Romeo and Juliet, this version of Cinderella.
29. Economics – “Gimme More”
It’s econ, bitch. Whether you’re enrolled in micro or macro, you’re all about the $ $ $.
30. Dance – “Me Against the Music”
Grueling studio hours make your major feel like a battle. But Britney herself is a dancing queen, and you never disappoint.
31. Art – “(You Drive Me) Crazy”
Art students are pretty much losing it 24/7. You never see them. They are art-ing at all hours of the night.